[chef] Help with best practice for Chef + Test Kitchen + Berkshelf + Vagrant + Chef Zero

  • From: Jeff Byrnes < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Help with best practice for Chef + Test Kitchen + Berkshelf + Vagrant + Chef Zero
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 09:50:54 -0500

Fellow Chefs,

I’ve been trying to keep up with the development of Test Kitchen, Berkshelf, Vagrant, and the like, but at this point, I’m quite confused by it all (especially since I have various cookbooks using all manner of setups), and would love some assistance sorting things out, especially since Test Kitchen’s docs are really just a “getting started”, not a comprehensive set of documentation.

Basically, I’d love a straightforward how-to on how best to set up Test Kitchen, Berkshelf, Vagrant, and Chef Zero, using current, stable(-ish) versions.

Links, a big essay; anything would be helpful.

--
Jeff Byrnes
@berkleebassist