[chef] Re: Chef Deployment Strategies

  • From: Gregory Patmore < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef Deployment Strategies
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 15:42:33 -0500

It's hard to answer without knowing any specifics about your env. we run the gamut of envs here from bare metal to aws to ESX

we've had success using cobbler to pxe boot and bootstrap nodes. there are tons of knife plugins in various states of maturity for all these infrastructure types.

I've yet to find a 'one size fits all' solution.

Sent from my iPhone