[chef] Community-mysql instead of mysql

  • From: Peeyush Gupta < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Community-mysql instead of mysql
  • Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 20:52:10 +0800 (SGT)

Hi all,

I am using mysql cookbooks, but my repo doesn't have a mysql package, instead we have community-mysql package. I want to know how can I change mysql into community-mysql. One option is I will have to write a new cookbook, but then there are a lot of dependencies issue. I tried to make some changes, like putting community-mysql in place of mysql in recipes and uploaded the cookbooks, but it didn't work. My server shows the modified cookbooks, but the synchronized (?) cookbooks on my machine are still the old version. I even deleted the cached cookbooks, but still I am getting the same result.

How is it that there are different cookbooks on server and client?

Thanks,
~Peeyush Gupta