[chef] RE: RE: Chef Client for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1

  • From: Adam Edwards < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] RE: RE: Chef Client for Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2014 06:26:06 -0800

Kapil, Windows Server 2012 R2 is supported. I’ve filed this ticket to make sure the platform support is stated publicly to avoid the confusion – our apologies: https://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-5109.

You can also see explicit references and commits that were made in Chef tooling to support Windows Server 2012 R2:

Source code reference:

https://github.com/opscode/knife-windows/blob/master/lib/chef/knife/bootstrap/windows-chef-client-msi.erb#L85

Commit for Windows Server 2012 R2 / Windows 8.1 support:

https://github.com/opscode/knife-windows/commit/b6c0cb9f1d5e8de81e0689cd706eb41f0f46aed9

Thanks for noting this issue Kapil.

-Adam