[chef] RE: Re: remote_file resource for FTP with username and password

  • From: Kapil Shardha < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Re: remote_file resource for FTP with username and password
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 17:47:26 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I tried that. In my case, the user account is a domain account so this is how my resource looks like

remote_file "Download Install File" do

            source "ftp://domain\\user: //install.exe"

            path "C:\\Temp\\install.exe"

end

It does not like the value of source attribute. I also tried using "> format too but chef-client resulted in same error.

Following is the error:

FATAL: Chef::Exceptions::InvalidRemoteFileURI: <URI> is not a valid source parameter for remote_file. Source must be an absolute URI or an array of URIs.

Thanks

-Kapil