[chef] Re: Chef-solo : Your private key could not be loaded from /etc/chef/client.pem

  • From: Venkat Chowdhary < >
  • To: Daniel DeLeo < >, " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef-solo : Your private key could not be loaded from /etc/chef/client.pem
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 14:48:50 +0800 (SGT)

Thank you Daniel.

I am in little confusion state. Actually i want to do all below tasks, can i able to achieve all below tasks using Chef-solo, actually we don't have bigger deployments, so we chosen to go with chef-solo instead of chef server - client approach.

  1. I want to install all software's like apache2, virgo, redis, mysql etc ...
  2. I want to do configurations for all softwares installed above.
  3. I want to trigger all deployments
  4. I want to do localization of all property files in entire repository (App server repository , database repository etc ...)
  5. I want to create separate environments like production, staging, testing, and development environments.
  6. I want to create roles like web server, database etc ...
  7. I want to add different nodes in different environments
So any detailed help for all above tasks?

Thanks & Regards
Venkat