[chef] End-to-End example using Jenkins 2.0.x Cookbook? / Enabling Authentication

  • From: Robert J Berger < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] End-to-End example using Jenkins 2.0.x Cookbook? / Enabling Authentication
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 15:51:49 -0700

I can not figure out how to have the current Jenkins Community Cookbook https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/jenkins/ do the equivalent of the clicking the button on the Web Interface Configure Global Security->Enable Security.

Is there a way to do that programmatically and with one of the resources in the new Jenkins cookbook?

I was able to use the examples to create an admin user but can’t find even the groovy or java way to do that. (My mind does have a mental block at looking at Java api docs so that could be the problem too, but I’ve done a lot of googling and can’t seem to find it)

More generally it would be wonderful if someone had a blog post or some other doc that shows how to use the new Jenkins 2.0.x cookbook to build a functioning Jenkins server with authentication without having to do anything with the Web UI. Ideally it would be good enough for someone who is not an expert in Jenkins/Groovy/Java. All the examples I could find were using the pre 2.0.x version of the cookbook.

Thanks!
Rob
Robert J Berger +1 408-838-8896
Internet Bandwidth Development, LLC