[chef] Re: using Berkshelf

  • From: Cyril Scetbon < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: using Berkshelf
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:54:12 +0100

waouwww  awesome :) I'll try it asaic
--
Cyril SCETBON

On 19 Mar 2014, at 20:12, Calvin Worsnup < "> > wrote:

Additionally, I learned a cool trick recently.

You can "override" the source cookbook and file of a template. Example:
include_recipe 'varnish'
begin
  r = resources(:template => node['varnish']['default'])
  r.source "custom-default.erb"
  r.cookbook "mosaic"
rescue Chef::Exceptions::ResourceNotFound
  Chef::Log.warn "could not find VARNISH template to override!"
End

Where mosaic is our custom cookbook for our product and custom-default.erb is our custom default we want the Varnish Community Cookbook to use. It was fantastic for changing a small element of the cookbook without having to fork it entirely :)

Calvin

Sam,

I'd recommend watching Jamie's presentation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYt0E84kYUI

Thanks,