[chef] MySQL cookbook 5.0

  • From: Sean OMeara < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] MySQL cookbook 5.0
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 18:28:54 -0400

Ohai there.

In the next few days, I'm going to push the 5.0 version of the mysql cookbook.

It introduces some backwards incompatibility, so everyone make sure to lock down to the 4.x series until you have a chance adapt your code.

In the mean time, I'm looking for testers and feedback.

Highlights:

* mysql is now a library cookbook  - an example pattern for cross-platform resources.
* user supplied configuration - minimal main configuration, with an includedir directive
* Full RHEL, Debian, and Ubuntu, support.
* Illumos coverage for SmartOS and OmniOS
* tests, tests, tests, and more tests.

Check it out from git here:

-s