[chef] memcached multiple instances

  • From: Nikhil Shah < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] memcached multiple instances
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:47:29 -0400

Hey,

I was trying to get multiple instances of memcached using (https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/memcached). I did have some questions for those that implemented:

"If you want to use multiple memcached instances, you'll need to modify the recipe to disable the startup script and the template in the default recipe."

^^ Where/what would need to change?

1. How do I set multiple instances up with various ports?
2. How would i set up the multiple init.d scripts
3. How could this be implemented within roles? I'd like to setup attributes (e.g memory, ports) via roles.

Nikhil Shah  System Administrator
" target="_blank"> p. (+1) 212 308-5648

THE ORCHARD Distribution Done Right
23 E 4th St, Fl 3 New York, NY 10003
www.theorchard.com

Follow us:
The Daily Rind
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
LinkedIn

Privileged And Confidential Communication. This electronic transmission, and any documents attached hereto, (a) are protected by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (18 USC ยงยง 2510-2521), (b) may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information, and (c) are for the sole use of the intended recipient named above. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender and delete the electronic message. Any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of the information received in error is strictly prohibited.

  • [chef] memcached multiple instances, Nikhil Shah, 03/26/2014