[chef] RE: Re: Chef User resource Password attribute

  • From: Kapil Shardha < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Re: Chef User resource Password attribute
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 18:05:09 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Kenneth,

I am setting the attribute in the same recipe but in an earlier ruby_block. The printLocalAdminPass ruby_block prints the right password  :

ruby_block "getLocalAdminPass" do

                block do

                secret = Chef::EncryptedDataBagItem.load_secret(secret_file_path)

                app_local_admin_pass = Chef::EncryptedDataBagItem.load(node['databag_name'], "app_local_admin_pass", secret)

                node.default['temp_app_pass']  = app_local_admin_pass["pass"]

ruby_block "printLocalAdminPass" do

                block do

                pass = node['temp_app_pass']

                puts "------> Local Admin password is : " + pass

When I manually (in GUI) try to create a user with the same password (“Password#1”) that is set in the above ruby_block, it works fine. I tried removing quotes around it but it does not work.

Thanks

-Kapil