[chef] Re: RE: RE: Adding a feature in Chef Server UI

  • From: Anju M R < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: RE: RE: Adding a feature in Chef Server UI
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 10:18:57 +0530

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestions. Is there any way to get the source code of chef and build from it or contribute to chef. I want to add this functionality. If some body already have done this please help me with the implementation part.

Thank you,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 8:56 AM, Kevin Keane Subscription < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
You could reduce the security issue by using SSH with a private key to a non-root account, preferably one with minimal permissions. Add an entry to your sudoers file, and then use sudo to run the command.

You can further lock down the system with the SSH allowed_keys file; you can set it up that SSH will not get a terminal and can only execute the one command "sudo chef-client".

--
Regards,

Anju M R