[chef] Deleting Node attributes using Knife

  • From: Kapil Shardha < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Deleting Node attributes using Knife
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 20:24:21 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I am trying to delete node attribute using knife, as mentioned in http://docs.opscode.com/essentials_cookbook_resources_first_run.html (towards the end).  The commands completes without any errors but I can still see the attribute in Chef Server UI. The same issue is mentioned at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20624221/not-able-to-delete-node-attribute-using-knife-command.

I ran the same command with –VV switch to get verbose output and I see HTTP 200 OK debug messages. The “knife search node ‘<ATTRIBUTE>’” returns the correct node.

Any idea if it is a bug?

Thanks

-Kapil

This email and any accompanying documents may contain privileged or otherwise confidential information of, and/or is the property of Education Management Solutions, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately advise the sender by reply email & delete the message & any attachments without using, copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.