[chef] A proof of concept cookbook for the on_failure Chef RFC

  • From: Kannan Manickam < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] A proof of concept cookbook for the on_failure Chef RFC
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 00:37:02 -0700

Ohai Chefs!

I have playing with a proof of concept cookbook for the on_failure Chef RFC proposed recently. I made some good progress on that and it works for most use cases. So I just wanted to share it with everybody.

Here is the: https://github.com/arangamani-cookbooks/on_failure
I published it to the community site: http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/on_failure

And I wrote the following blog post that explains how this works including some demonstration.
http://blog.arangamani.net/blog/2014/04/08/chef-on-failure-handler/

Thanks Steven, Paul, and Seth for providing awesome examples in the RFC.

Cheers,
Kannan.