[chef] Re: berksfile.lock versioning, can i switch from librarian yet?

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: berksfile.lock versioning, can i switch from librarian yet?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2014 09:10:44 -0700

we had the same issue  with berks 2. We didn't encounter this with berks 3. which version of berks you are using?

On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 8:12 AM, Jesse Campbell < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
In librarian, I can create a Cheffile.lock and test it on the dev
environment, then check it into version control, push to production,
and librarian-chef will strictly follow the lock file for what gets
installed.

In berkshelf, I can create a Berksfile.lock and test it on the dev
environment, then check it into version control, push to production,
and berkshelf will sometimes follow the lockfile, and sometimes to
whatever the fuck it wants and install newer versions of things like
apache2 that I haven't tested yet.

What am I doing wrong? Is there no option for berkshelf to strictly
follow the locksfile? Is it always just a suggestion?