[chef] Re: Chef client service - intervals

  • From: Alex Vinyar < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef client service - intervals
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 06:30:02 -0700

Hi Ganesan, cookbooks are driven by attribute files. To modify the timer make change to the default.rb attrib file located in the attribute subfolder of the cookbook. The best way to make changes to a community cookbook is to create a "wrapper cokbook". That way you won't have to fork the existing chef-client cookbook and get stuck maintaining it.

Simply create a new cookbook. In the attribute file of your new cookbook add a value for your attribute: default['chef_client']['interval'] = '234567'

In the recipe of your wrapper cookbook add: include_recipe 'chef-client'

Cheers,
Alex-