[chef] Searching files/ to see if file exists

  • From: Julio Lajara < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Searching files/ to see if file exists
  • Date: Fri, 02 May 2014 12:20:51 -0400

Hi all, I need to determine if a file is included/exists in the files/* subdir under any appropriate folder for the current node, is there any way I can do this? I looked through the chef code and see theres a get_filename method as part of the cookbook code, is this usable from within cookbooks and if so can someone point to an example of how it would be used?