[chef] Chef execution order

  • From: Julio Lajara < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Chef execution order
  • Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 00:53:08 -0400

Hi all, im having problems with getting a method to run at convergence instead of at cookbook compilation time.

I have a library consisting of a set a of methods (helper methods and then one that uses the helpers to trigger a few resources) (used the following as reference: https://github.com/stackforge/cookbook-openstack-common/tree/master/libraries ).

I then include the module in a recipe and call the necessary wrapper function:
class Chef::Recipe
   include MyModule
end

mymodule_method

What I am seeing is that the remote_file resource used in mymodule_method isnt running but code that comes after it expecting it to have worked then fails. Im assuming this is because the method is running during cookbook compilation based on the output. Is there a way I can prevent this from happening and only run at convergence?