[chef] Re: Re: trouble seeing chef-server webui

  • From: Ameya Savale < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: trouble seeing chef-server webui
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 09:46:41 -0700

Thanks Mark, I will take a look at the logs and see if I can make some progress

On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 8:45 PM, Mark Mzyk < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
It should have worked, but it obviously didn't. Are you seeing any kind of errors from nginx? You can watch the nginx logs with "chef-server-ctl tail nginx". If you need more logs, you can leave off the nginx and just try "chef-server-ctl tail". You could also watch the webu lgosi and see if it is throwing any errors with "chef-server-ctl tail chef-server-webui". You can also find all the logs at /var/log/chef-server.

It could also be possible that something is wrong with the hostname. See the docs here: http://docs.opscode.com/install_server.html at the bottom and see if your hostname checks out. I suspect it's more likely there is an error somewhere in the logs, but I've been wrong before and likely will be again.

- Mark
Hi Guys,

I'm trying to setup the open source chef-server. I seem to have set everything up correctly but for some reason when I go to the url of the server in my browser I only see the nginx default screen. When I type chef-server-ctl test, all the tests pass. I've been searching online for steps to install the server and all of them only say that once you run chef-server-ctl reconfigure you should be able to go to the url in your browser and the chef-server webui should be displayed. Could someone point me in the right direction please

- Thanks
Ameya