[chef] mysql cookbook: retrieving resource used in mysql_service hwrp with resources method

  • From: Marco Betti < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] mysql cookbook: retrieving resource used in mysql_service hwrp with resources method
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 15:14:59 +0200

ohai chefs,

we made a company mysql wrapper cookbook that uses mysql cookbook hwrp in order to be re-used from our mysql company installation (it does not include server recipe of mysql cookbook).

We follow "environment cookbook" pattern:
http://vialstudios.logdown.com/posts/166848-the-environment-cookbook-pattern
so we include our company mysql wrapper cookbook inside our environment cookbooks.

We use CentOS and our issue is that we are not able to retrieve 'template' resource used in mysql_service hwrp using resources method in order to specify a different cookbook as a cookbook-source for the 'template'. See line 183:
https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/mysql/blob/v5.2.12/libraries/provider_mysql_service_rhel.rb

Could anybody please help us to find a way to achieve this goal?
I think the solution (if present) is inside CHEF internals... but I can't see it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Marco