[chef] Re: MySQL Cookbook Ignores Root Password Setting On First Converge

  • From: DV < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: MySQL Cookbook Ignores Root Password Setting On First Converge
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 13:56:04 -0700

I suggest you replace the following in recipes/server.rb:

root_account = ChefVault::Item.load("mysql_accounts", "root")
node.set['mysql']['server_root_password'] = root_account['password']

With the following in attributes/default.rb:

root_account = ChefVault::Item.load("mysql_accounts", "root")
default['mysql']['server_root_password'] = root_account['password']

It's very likely that your node.set call happens after mysql cookbook tries to determine root password, which is why you're not seeing the behavior you want.