[chef] Different deployment behaviors based on different commits to the source codes using Chef

  • From: Chen Wang < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Different deployment behaviors based on different commits to the source codes using Chef
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 11:36:00 -0700

Hi there,

We are using Chef to deploy our servers to production environment. Right now we are trying to make the CD pipeline have different deployment behaviors based on different kinds of commits to the source codes.  For example, for some changes we want to release right away and for others we want to wait and release at some specific time windows. Another example is that some changes may require all the servers in the same cluster are turned off before we can start the deployment and other changes may not require this.

Just want to see if there is any recommended way to handle this kind of multi-situation deployment using Chef.

Thanks,
Chen

  • [chef] Different deployment behaviors based on different commits to the source codes using Chef, Chen Wang, 07/28/2014