[chef] uWSGI and Django -- missing settings

  • From: Liam Kirsher < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] uWSGI and Django -- missing settings
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 23:02:03 -0700

Hi,

I'm switching from gunicorn to uWSGI on a Django project.

I'm using the uwsgi cookbook.  It seems to be missing some attributes that are required for running Django, according to the Django and the uWSGI site documentation.

The Django-specific options here are:

  • chdir: The path to the directory that needs to be on Python’s import path – i.e., the directory containing the mysite package.
  • module: The WSGI module to use – probably the mysite.wsgi module that startproject creates.
  • env: Should probably contain at least DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE.
  • home: Optional path to your project virtualenv.
But those are not here in the cookbook: https://github.com/50onRed/uwsgi
... with the exception of home_path.

What am I missing here? Surely people are using the uwsgi cookbook with Django!
(On the other hand, I was sort of expecting to find an a uswsgi resource in the application_python cookbook, but it doesn't exist.)

How are people doing it?

Liam

--
Liam Kirsher
PGP: http://liam.numenet.com/pgp/

  • [chef] uWSGI and Django -- missing settings, Liam Kirsher, 07/28/2014