[chef] Re: Credentials and encrypted data bags vs. node attributes

  • From: Kevin Bridges < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Credentials and encrypted data bags vs. node attributes
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 08:45:31 -0600

Typically, attributes are set to weak defaults to provide a working installation (easier for examples, testing, etc.). It is a common practice to write a wrapper cookbook that performs your systems implementation of the resources/providers provided by the cookbook.  When you are writing your wrapper cookbook you would pull the relevant data from your encrypted databags.