[chef] Re: Re: prompt-chef

  • From: Adam Jacob < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: prompt-chef
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 08:22:30 -0700

What Seth said is true - this is probably not a good idea. That said, we are just Ruby - so go nuts prompting users if you so desire. :)

On Aug 6, 2014 8:10 AM, "Seth Vargo" < "> > wrote:
Chef is designed to be headless - you would store the password on the system or in an environment variable.

Thanks,
Seth

Hi,

  How to prompt in chef?
  I need to ask from a user whether they need to keep the default value which i described in attribute file or they need to override with their new value and get and process in that value itself.

Thanks,
Indra K