[chef] Re: Re: Re: Setting VM memory reservation with knife vsphere vm clone

  • From: Aditya Karanjkar < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Setting VM memory reservation with knife vsphere vm clone
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 12:25:01 +0530

Forgot to mention. I referred to the vSphere API docs for this. You can find them here:
http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-51/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.vmware.wssdk.apiref.doc%2Fvim.VirtualMachine.html

-Aditya

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Aditya Karanjkar < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hi Terry,

Try the code given below to set the memory reservation. You will need the RbVmomi gem for this. It searches for a VM called 'test_vm' in a folder called 'vm_folder' and sets the memory reservation to 1024 MB.

#change_memory_reservation.rb
require 'rbvmomi'
vim = RbVmomi::VIM.connect host: '10.10.10.1', user: 'me', password: 'complex_password', insecure: true
vm = vim.serviceInstance.find_datacenter.find_vm("vm_folder/test_vm") or abort("VM not found")
vm_config_spec = RbVmomi::VIM.VirtualMachineConfigSpec
vm_config_spec.memoryAllocation = RbVmomi::VIM.ResourceAllocationInfo reservation: 1024
task = vm.ReconfigVM_Task spec: vm_config_spec
task.wait_for_completion

Regards,
Aditya