[chef] Re: Bootstrap Windows 2012

  • From: Amit Dattani < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Bootstrap Windows 2012
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:10:18 +0100

Hi,

No response to my issue? Surely I cannnot be the only one who is experiencing this.

Regards,

Amit

On 13 August 2014 11:03, < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
When bootstrapping windows server 2012, one of the cookbooks which gets pushed
is the Perftap cookbook which uses w32::service gem to check to PerfTap service
existing. This is called in the not_if block of powershell_script and is
failing to query the service.

The error on the run is:

SystemCallError
---------------
The specified resource type cannot be found in the image file. -
QueryServiceConfig2: The specified resource type cannot be found in the image
file.

The cookbook is trying to do the following:

not_if {
  ::Win32::Service.services.detect do |service
    service.service_name == 'PerfTap'
  end
}

This has been reported in Puppet but I cannot see anything in Chef for this
ruby gem. Link to puppet issue is here:

https://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/16080

Any help much appreciated.