[chef] Re: Re: Git failures, Windows, Chef

  • From: Amit Dattani < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Git failures, Windows, Chef
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 14:36:24 +0100

The only git errors we get on Windows is when it installs and updates the environment variable. This is then called within the same chef run by another cookbook and fails as in Windows the when the shell is loaded it runs environment variables and only reads the update when it is relaunched. Hence on the next chef run it works.

Not seen the error you have and unsure if what we see if at all helpful to you.......

On 14 August 2014 14:23, Jeff Blaine < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I'm very surprised nobody's having these issues. Maybe everyone
doing git+chef work is on Windows 7 still?

--
Jeff Blaine
kickflop.net