[chef] Re: tell other nodes after installation of a new node

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: tell other nodes after installation of a new node
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:42:36 -0700

core chef does not provide anything to do this. but you can use other tools to do the orchestration bit (i.e. remote notifications). For example, you can install serf[1] on the backends and proxy servers. use chef handler for serf[2] in backends to publish an event when they register, and serf agent on reverse proxy can invoke a serf handler[3] that listen to this event and invoke chef run.