[chef] Re: Chef 12 Server Changes

  • From: Adam Jacob < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef 12 Server Changes
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 10:08:43 -0700

We will have some announcements about it relatively soon - I don't mean to be coy, but some of what we're doing we just can't talk about (because, well, reasons - they'll be super clear when we talk about it.)

The tl;dr - you are totally safe to use the latest Chef 11 and upgrade to 12, there won't be any back-compat breaking changes, but there will be some new functionality.

Best,
Adam