[chef] Re: Rebuilding ephemeral chef servers

  • From: Joe Nuspl < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Rebuilding ephemeral chef servers
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 07:42:01 -0700

Our approach was to wrap chef-client in a script, run-chef-client, that gets invoke from cron. If chef-client fails with “Unauthorized”, it will delete client.pem, re-register, and then re-run chef-client.

Another clever thing run-chef-client does is to force a time sync when authorization fails due to time skew.

Joe