[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: How to use setuped credentials and parameters in ruby script to access with Chef::REST ?

  • From: Vladimir Skubriev < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: How to use setuped credentials and parameters in ruby script to access with Chef::REST ?
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 11:15:01 +0400

Thank you for example. As soon as free time I am try to bring this to life.

As I uderstand if i place my code in placeholder, then i don't need to auth with server. The code does this itself.

What password manager do you use ? I only know keepassx )

On Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 7:51 AM, Vladimir Skubriev wrote:

> > Sorry for the late reply here.
> No problem. That's OK.
> > Probably your easiest option is to write your own knife plugin: http://docs.getchef.com/plugin_knife_custom.html
>
> Now I do not have a lot of time. I developing small project for self using.
>
> https://github.com/cvisionlabops/keepassxml2chef
>
> What do you think about it ?
>
> I think writing knife-plugin is overkill for one human now.
Knife plugins are pretty easy, especially compared to the work you’ve already done. Here is a bare minimum knife plugin (sorry the formatting sucks):

module ThisIsAnExample
class Example < Chef::Knife
def run
puts "HELLLLOOOOOOO"

Put that in ~/.chef/plugins/knife/example.rb and then you can run `knife example`.

> But If people interested in it, then I think this is possible!
Looks pretty cool, but we’re using a different password manager, so not something we can use ourselves.

--
Daniel DeLeo