[chef] Re: Behaving Responsibly in the Chef Community

  • From: Bryan McLellan < >
  • To: Nathen Harvey < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Behaving Responsibly in the Chef Community
  • Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:46:33 -0400

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 1:24 PM, Bryan McLellan < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 2:18 AM, Nathen Harvey < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
> * Participate in the RFC to rewrite our community guidelines.

We're starting this discussion over here: https://github.com/opscode/chef-rfc/pull/47

It'd be really helpful to have some conversation about how specific of a justice system we want to build initially for our community.

What kind of punitive actions people would want/expect to happen for various offensives? IRC bans? Community Site bans? ChefConf / Summit bans?

How public should the process be? Should we have Chef Software Community Managers just work it out? Do we want to elect Community Advocates? Do they need to vote/agree?

I'd expect this to tie into the larger project structure proposal that Adam Jacob is preparing to share with the community too.

Bryan