[chef] Re: Re: Re: Should I be using roles?

  • From: Torben Knerr < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Should I be using roles?
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:25:50 +0200

If you are using Vagrant, and you decide to go the role/wrapper cookbook way (rather than using roles), then this might be helpful too:
https://github.com/tknerr/vagrant-toplevel-cookbooks

This pattern works well for me as long as versionable (and dependency-manageable) roles are not there yet.

HTH, Torben