[chef] Can I expose a ChefSpec stub to all cookbooks' tests?

  • From: spiffytech < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Can I expose a ChefSpec stub to all cookbooks' tests?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:57:15 -0400

I have cookbooks that run shell commands (via `execute` or `not_if` blocks), which ChefSpec predictably complains need to be stubbed. These cookbooks are included in many places, and I wind up copy/pasting a stub into a `before` block in the tests of many other cookbooks that include the offending cookbook even as a dependency of a dependency of a dependency.

Can I somehow stub these shell commands right in the cookbook that issues them, such that ChefSpec tests for any other cookbook will pick up the stubs?