[chef] Best practice for deploy with versioning

  • From: Tiago Cruz < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Best practice for deploy with versioning
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:27:07 -0300

Hello,

I would like to know about best practices about how to deploy internal applications using Chef to control the versions.

I used before with the the versions as attribute inside some roles or recipe, but we need some sysadmin to do the deploy.

Now, I would like to give to the developers the option to do the deploy by themselves without need to give them write permission on chef-repo.

Thanks

--
-- Tiago Cruz