[chef] Calling HTTP request with SSL client certificate

  • From: Michal Taborsky < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Calling HTTP request with SSL client certificate
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:14:08 +0200

Ohai Chefs,

I need to call an HTTPS REST API from my recipe, which needs authorization by client certificate (equivalent of curl --cert mycert.pem). I do not see a way to do that with a standard http_request resource. I am guessing I am not the first one needing this, but I was unable to find any ready solution.

Will I have to write my own provider? I am not much of a Ruby expert.

Thanks for any tips,
Michal

  • [chef] Calling HTTP request with SSL client certificate, Michal Taborsky, 09/19/2014