[chef] IIS configuration

  • From: Kenneth Barry < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] IIS configuration
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 09:44:33 -0700

Just getting into using the iis cookbook. It seems it has improved in recent months, and i'm ready to get it another shot.

Would it be best for me to store the website/apppool configuration/"shape" in a databag, that can be fed into a generic application cookbook?

We are trying to use the methodology of organization in "Berkshelf". My concern is, we have one particular webserver that runs several applications from it. Just trying to determine the best way to oprganize this.

Anyone mind sharing a bit of how you are using the iis cookbook, and how you are keeping it all organized?

--

Kenneth Barry

TuneIn | Build and Release Engineer

  • [chef] IIS configuration, Kenneth Barry, 09/23/2014