[chef] Chef Open Source Sever 12 RC

  • From: David Lloyd < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Chef Open Source Sever 12 RC
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 10:39:17 +1030

Hi There,

I download the RPM for Enterprise Linux (chef-server-core-12.0.0_rc.4-1.el5.x86_64.rpm) and installed it as per the instructions:

  • yum localinstall _the_rpm
  • chef-server-ctl reconfigure
  • chef-server install opscode-manage
  • opscode-manage-ctl reconfigure
  • chef-server install reconfigure

The server comes up nicely but I can’t seem to guess what the default username and admin is or if there is actually one created.

I don’t know how to create one or find out anything else.

  • chef-server-ctl status shows everything’s running but something with ‘move’ in the service name (opscode-move I think)
  • chef-server-ctl tail doesn’t show any obvious symptoms

Anyone know where I should look? Google seems to think it’s ‘admin’, but it doesn’t appear to like that.

DSL