[chef] RE: Re: Re: RE: Re: Serverspec 2.0 release

  • From: Martin Smith < >
  • To: " " < >, " " < >
  • Cc: Noah Kantrowitz < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Re: Re: RE: Re: Serverspec 2.0 release
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 12:10:10 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi all,

They released a third new version of the serverspec gem last night, and switched to using a different json gem for a dependency. This solved at least one problem from yesterday, which is the original json dependency required build tools that weren't always installed.

Also, the maintainers of busser-serverspec committed a feature in the last 8 hours or so that allow a version of serverspec to be configured a little easier (@Rafal, see the README.md on busser-serverspec for examples):

https://github.com/test-kitchen/busser-serverspec/issues/16

There's also this PR (and see issue #515), which would allow us to specify gem versions in test-kitchen directly, which would be amazing:

https://github.com/test-kitchen/test-kitchen/pull/518

I think that second PR is what you're looking for, Tucker.

Cheers,

- Martin