[chef] Re: AWS Spot instances for Integration-Testing Cookbooks on Github

  • From: Torben Knerr < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: AWS Spot instances for Integration-Testing Cookbooks on Github
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 08:32:43 +0100

Weeeee, just found there is a kitchen-ec2 driver, and it has support for spot instances... neat! :-)

Am 28.10.2014 08:24 schrieb "Torben Knerr" < "> >:
Hi everybody,

having some cookbooks hosted on Github and using kitchen-ci for
integration-testing them, I would like to have the kitchen-ci tests
run on every commit / push.

With travis-ci (which I'm using for foodcritic / chefspec) this does
not work unfortunately, since it prohibits creation of nested
containers.

So I'm now considering to spin up an AWS spot instance during the
travis-ci build to run the integration tests on.

Anyone doing this already?

Any pointers or suggestions to get me kick-started are heartily welcome :-)

Cheers,
Torben