[chef] Repetitive Tasks

  • From: Kamesh Sampath < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] Repetitive Tasks
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:59:06 +0530

Hi,

I have a scenario where I am trying to create  cluster of servers a.k.a nodes on a box provisioned by Chef, so the structure of the servers  nodes are typically same, there will be slight modification to the server configuration files that are deployed.

I just did  server_nodes.each do |x,y| {  all my chef tasks }, i see some discrepancies when running my chef tasks,  e.g. one of my chef task will create a template for one sever node it creates correctly for other it complains the directory does not exist as when i checked the node it did not have the directory … all is well when i run as single node. Does chef has any best practice or the way to do for these kind of scenarios ?

Regards,
Kamesh