[chef] Re: Secure knife winrm

  • From: Dwayne Forehand < >
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Secure knife winrm
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 12:09:47 -0700

I've been trying to solve the same problem with knife winrm over ssl for a couple days.  Did you get it figured out?

When I knife winrm to my node I get "Error 20 - unable to get local issuer certificate".  I added our CA to /embedded/ssl/certs/cacert.
pem and tried again.  Same.  I tried openssl s_client  -showcerts against the domain and got error 20 as expected.  Then I tried another openssl s_client  -showcerts but specified the CAfile as /embedded/ssl/certs/cacert.pem.  Success, returned ok.

When knife winrm calls openssl is it not passing along the location of /embedded/ssl/certs/cacert.pem?

Using ChefDK  0.3.2 on win server 2012 r2.

-Dwayne