[chef] Re: [Template] - variables vs direct attribute access

  • From: Joshua Timberman < >
  • To: Chef users < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: [Template] - variables vs direct attribute access
  • Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 12:42:32 -0600

This topic came up in the #chef irc channel the other day. I said some words. Initial question here:

Conversation is mixed with some other threads a bit, but ends after about 30 minutes.

Hope this helps
Joshua

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 5:49 AM, aL. < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Ohai chefs!

I just having a talk with a team member about why or why not use "variables" with lazy or not on template resources.

I dont know what is the right way or the "bad practice" way of doing this. Because if you can access attributes directly inside the template, and attributes are compiled an resolved on compile time. ¿Why are you going to want to use variables params on templates?

Could be that varibles were just another fail point on the chain, right?

Thanks a lot!!!
--
Si necesitas una máquina para hacer algo y no la compras al final te darás cuenta de que has pagado lo mismo y no tienes la máquina.--Henry Ford
Alberto

--
Joshua Timberman, Chef.