[chef] Re: role NOT being applied?

  • From: Tensibai Zhaoying < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: role NOT being applied?
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 20:21:07 +0100

Do you have chef_client::config I'm the node runlist ? (You did not specify that)

---- Fouts, Chris a écrit ----

I have the following in one of my *.json roles, and I have uploaded the role to my chef-server, and have assigned that role to my node (I’m very sure of this!).

“default_attributes”: {

  “chef_client” : {

    “ssl_verify_mode” : “:verify_peer”,

    “log_level” : “:debug”,

    “logfile” : “/var/log/chef-client/chef.log”

  }

}

But yet, I still see this during my chef-client runs

SSL validation of HTTPS requests is disabled. HTTPS connections are still

encrypted, but chef is not able to detect forged replies or man in the middle

attacks.

To fix this issue add an entry like this to your configuration file:

```

  # Verify all HTTPS connections (recommended)

  ssl_verify_mode :verify_peer

  # OR, Verify only connections to chef-server

  verify_api_cert true

Of course I don’t see the log file either.

Any clues?

Chris