[chef] Environment run_list

  • From: Bruno Galindro da Costa < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Environment run_list
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 15:15:44 -0200

    "recipe[set_hosts]",
    "recipe[web_app::apache2_web_app]"
  ],
  "env_run_lists": {
    "Producao": [

    ]
  }

As I understand, according to  http://docs.getchef.com/essentials_roles.html#set-per-environment-run-lists, if the env_run_lists of an environment is empty, the default run-list will be applied. But, when I execute chef-client in my node SV-API, the run-list is empty. Why?

:~# chef-client

Starting Chef Client, version 11.12.8
resolving cookbooks for run list: []
Synchronizing Cookbooks:
Compiling Cookbooks...
Converging 0 resources

Running handlers:
Running handlers complete

Chef Client finished, 0/0 resources updated in 6.925981801 seconds

What I need is to have a set of recipes and roles that can be executed in every node, independent if the node is part of an environment defined by me or part of _default environment. So, If the node is part of an environment defined by me (in my case Producao), I could, for example, add some roles or recipes that will be merged with the default run-list defined in "run_list" key, avoiding duplications.

Is it possible to make Chef work in this way?

--
Att.
Bruno Galindro da Costa