[chef] chefvm

  • From: Douglas Garstang < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] chefvm
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 18:37:04 -0800

I have been using chefvm for a while to manage multiple chef servers, https://github.com/trobrock/chefvm.

Having all our developers individually locally install the chef client and tools like chefvm has proved to be a major hassle. I've created a common workstation instance, and I'd really like to install chefvm in a common location, and then allow people to create the configurations locally within their local account, or even better, use centralised configurations but with individual auths. Anyone know if that's even remotely possible?

Thanks,
Doug

  • [chef] chefvm, Douglas Garstang, 11/17/2014