[chef] Re: Re: chef-client to get update with latest roles

  • From: "kritivagop01 ." < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: chef-client to get update with latest roles
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 20:11:13 +0530

hi ,

thanks Tensibai for the details,I will try it out and update the status.

Please check if you can share details for  below query also?

I tried to setup open source chef  and able to install to client with application in the cookbook.
Also i was able to do the bootstrap to new node.
I have followed Install_pushjobs document from chef and tried setting up in chef server.
For knife node status also,i have tried installing the gem in the workstation.

While setting up push jobs ,i was able to set up in server and also added the push jobs recipe in run list of the node and with the attributes.

In client,i have installed the opscode-push-job-client and started the service using pushy_client.

I am not able to achieve the push job with the new role added to runlist in the node.

could you please share the document if i have missed anything for the push jobs.

thanks,