[chef] Re: build omnibus-chef in dedicated dir

  • From: Lamont Granquist < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: build omnibus-chef in dedicated dir
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 09:58:59 -0800

On 11/19/14, 7:58 AM, Vasiliy Tolstov wrote:
BUNDLE_PATH=.bundle bundle install --without development

We have a hard requirement to install the development gems so that we can test against what we ship. In the past we bundle installed to a different ruby and tested against that and wound up shipping broken packages. So patches to straight up drop adding the dev gems won't be accepted, they're there for a reason, if we could drop them we would have. You'd need to somehow feed options through into the software defn of chef to conditionally avoid doing that.