[chef] Re: What is a simple method to arrange e-mail notification of failed convergence?

  • From: Morgan Blackthorne < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: What is a simple method to arrange e-mail notification of failed convergence?
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 12:36:45 -0800

What we use at Rosetta is the airbrake handler. This sends a message to our internal Hoptoad (now called Airbrake for the cloud version IIUC) server, which in turn sends out an email. Hoptoad also handles correlation of events so it can glob up a bunch of items together (albeit with multiple notifications, which is nice) and you can say that all the events for that type of error are fixed by one issue.

--
~*~ StormeRider ~*~

"Every world needs its heroes [...] They inspire us to be better than we are. And they protect from the darkness that's just around the corner."

(from Smallville Season 6x1: "Zod")

On why I hate the phrase "that's so lame"... http://bit.ly/Ps3uSS